📍Based in Virginia + Free Shipping on all Domestic Orders
Suicide has been one of the major issues going on today. It is as if more and more people are resorting to suicide because they feel like the world will be a better place without them. That is far from the truth and unfortunately some never had the chance to realize how important their life really was. The numbers for suicide are only going up, especially around the holidays. Even though the holidays are now over, that doesn’t mean the numbers will decrease.
What exactly is the problem?
Well according to The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention:
- The annual age-adjusted suicide rate is 13.5 per 100,000 individuals.
- Men die by suicide 3.57 times more than women.
- On average, there are 123 suicides per day.
- White males accounted for 7 of 10 suicides in 2016.
- Firearms account for 51% of all suicides.
- The rate of suicide is highest in middle age (white men).
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of deaths in the US.
- Each year 44,965 Americans die by suicide.
- Females attempt suicide twice as often as males.
- The ratio of suicide attempts to suicide death in youth is estimated to be about 25:1, compared to about 4:1 in the elderly.
I’m not sure how you all feel but reading these statistics are alarming. To see that at least 44,965 die each year from suicide is scary. Suicide is not the answer. Whether you are going through something or know someone going through something, please know that there are resources to help.
What can you do?
There are people out there who care and are willing to help you when you are feeling at your lowest.
1. Remember to surround yourself with love and to find love within yourself.
2. Join groups that are for people who feel the way you feel. Having someone to relate to can make all the difference.
3. There are hotlines that are available if you feel like you don’t have anyone to talk to.
4. Surround yourself with friends and family who will listen.
Keep going, keep fighting, better days are coming.
“Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love.”
1 Corinthians 16:13-14 NKJV
In the book of Genesis, we see that everything in this world was spoken into existence except us. We were the ONLY ones that God created with His bare hands. So this fingerprint is a daily reminder to be who God created you to be. It’s in your DNA.